Thursday, May 31, 2007

"For I Have Crossed the Rubicon"


At the end of 1776, John poignantly and defiantly sings:


"For I have crossed the Rubicon

Let the bridge be burn'd behind me

Come what may, Come what may"


The Rubicon*.
The point of no return. And that is where I proudly sit today on the day of Opening Night of 1776.


No regrets, no going back. It is time to move forward; to share this amazing cast and story. This has been an incredible journey for me. I have been so honored and awed to be in the presence of so many extraordinary performers and technicians. Thank you for all your hard work, for all the fun and most of all for your Commitment!


Join us and see what all the "buzz" is about.


1776

May 31-June 3, June 7-10

Thursday-7p.m.
Friday and Saturday 8 p.m.
Sunday- 2p.m.

Riverwalk Theatre

Reservations 482-5700
*"Crossing the Rubicon" is a popular idiom meaning to go past a point of no return because the river was an ancient boundary between Gaul and Italy. Julius Caesar crossed the river in 49 BC deliberately as an act of war where he is supposed to have said that "the die is cast" and where he would eventually come to power. Wikipedia

No comments: