Saturday, July 14, 2007

"I Tell You This Document is a Masterful Expression of the American Mind"


The show has closed.

The parties have been thrown.
The reviews are in.

The awards have been awarded.


So where do I stand with this blog? Do I end here and leave it in the blogosphere to be sought, read and remembered for "posterity" as John Adams so earnestly yearned for himself? Do I continue to add tidbits as I think of them or are reminded of them as life happens?


For now, I will finish what I started which was to take small "biteable" sections of the Declaration of Independence and post them and illustrate them. After all, when did you last sit down and read the entire Declaration?
The writers of 1776 brought to life this story and these incredible men and women. Perhaps, by posting smaller pieces of the Declaration, others can read and really understand what an incredible document this is, what a huge risk these men took, and what it really meant for our country.
Franklin: And besides, what will posterity think we were--demigods? We're men--no more, no less--trying to get a nation started against greater odds than a more generous God would have allowed.
So, for Posterity, Ben, John Adams, and Doak.

No comments: